Recently I came across a study that stopped me in my tracks.
It found there is a massive confidence gap in people’s belief that they can recover after life’s setbacks.
Think about that for a minute.
The setback isn’t what people fear most.
It’s the belief that they won’t recover from it.
I’ve seen this over and over again.
People survive the layoff.
They survive the divorce.
They survive the business failure.
What they struggle with is believing they’ll ever feel like themselves again.
I understand that feeling.
I’ve lived it.
When I got laid off twice in twelve months, the hardest part wasn’t updating my resume.
It was wondering if my best days were already behind me.
That’s what setbacks try to steal.
Not your ability.
Your belief.
The good news is this:
Confidence isn’t something you’re born with.
It’s something you rebuild.
One decision.
One conversation.
One small win at a time.
Recovery doesn’t begin when life changes.
It begins when your belief does.
If you’re rebuilding after a setback and want practical tools to restore confidence, learn more at kinneyconfidence.com.
Comments
Post a Comment